- What is the significance of the different social classes that Siddhartha goes through? I think the fact that he went from having so much as royalty, to nothing, it had a bigger impact than from going from nothing as a poor person, to nothing.
- Discuss the father-son theme. The culture he lives in constitutes a bond with his father, which explains Siddhartha's home-sickness.
- What does the symbol of the snake represent? A block in the road, whether he should continue or return home.
- What is the importance of Kamala in the novel? She is a symbol that represents a distraction.
- Does Kamala symbolize the forbidden apple? Yes she does. She is a temptation and the a fruit that Siddhartha has never tasted. She "tastes" so delicious that he stays with her for a while.
- Why doesn’t Siddhartha follow Guatamma? I think it was that Siddhartha wanted to find his own way, and he couldn't do that being a follower.
- What does Siddhartha feel after he has reached enlightenment? Loneliness.